Wednesday 26 June 2013

Door in face

There are many privileges to ministry. One I have experienced is a willingness of people to welcome me into their homes. Last summer, while at Highland Cathedral, I visited many members of the congregation. Some knew me, through attending worship, but others did not, due to health problems. Even those who had not met me before invited me into their homes, where I was able to share time and fellowship with them.

At Railway Crossing I have been given a list of people to visit. Some, through home communions, I have met before, others I my not have. After my experience last summer, and believing in Highland hospitality, was not daunted by that.

Until yesterday, that is. After introducing myself, I was asked why I was there. "Just for a visit, so you know who I am and to see if you are okay." I thought that was reasonable.

The response was "I'm fine, thank you" and the closed the door in my face! I must admit I stood there slightly stunned for a few moments.

The next couple I visited were the complete opposite, which was reassuring for me. And it was a joy and pleasure to spend time with them.

When I recounted my first reaction to Spot, he told me I should go back today with a Y chromosome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!