Friday 26 April 2013

Making sure

I'm preaching on Sunday, with the bible passages from Matthew 6:1-4 and Matthew 25:31-46. The theme is "Looking after the poor."

So far, I've written 2 sermons and neither seem quite right. Normally, I'd be thinking of printing tonight, as Saturday's are my day off and I don't like waiting to Sunday morning to do my printing (paranoia that we'll be out of ink or the printer won't work or something else. But this time I am going to wait till Sunday morning. Hopefully by then I will be happy with what I am going to say - after all it has to be God#s message and not mine. At the moment, I'm not sure if it is.

2 comments:

  1. ah, I did that [sort of] last week. Had written something, but had that niggling feeling of not quite rightness... ripped it up and left it for a couple of days and another emerged on Friday that I was happier with. Lesson I took away: I need the week to 'compost' the readings... The current way my weekly timing is working out makes it an interesting one tho. Hope your last day is a good 'un mate [oh, and that there's heaps of ink in the printer, lol!!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re-read them both and have went for version 1, with a bit of editing (but that would have happened anyway).

      Compost the readings! A CFA supervisor of mine called it stewing down, so it becomes easier to digest and more paliable!

      And there was no problems printing...thankfully.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, even if just to say "Hi".
I do moderate my comments, but don't let that put you off. Go on, you know you want to!